W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-a11y@w3.org > April 2015

Minutes from Today's call 4-23-2015

From: John Foliot <john.foliot@deque.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 09:16:32 -0700
To: <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
Message-ID: <107601d07de0$dd690ce0$983b26a0$@deque.com>
All,

 

Minutes from today’s call can be found at: http://www.w3.org/2015/04/23-html-a11y-minutes.html

 

Or as text below:

 


HTML Accessibility Task Force Teleconference


23 Apr 2015


See also:  <http://www.w3.org/2015/04/23-html-a11y-irc> IRC log


Attendees


Present

janina, Judy, Joanmarie_Diggs, JF, ShaneM, Liam, IanPouncey2, paulc, Cynthia_Shelly, IanPouncey, Rich_Schwerdtfeger

Regrets

Chair

Janina

Scribe

JF


Contents


*	 <http://www.w3.org/2015/04/23-html-a11y-minutes.html#agenda> Topics

1.     <http://www.w3.org/2015/04/23-html-a11y-minutes.html#item01> Identify Scribe http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/index.php?title=Scribe_List

2.     <http://www.w3.org/2015/04/23-html-a11y-minutes.html#item02> Transcript Support Update -- John, Chaals, Cynthia

3.     <http://www.w3.org/2015/04/23-html-a11y-minutes.html#item03> Additional agenda?

4.     <http://www.w3.org/2015/04/23-html-a11y-minutes.html#item04> CfC Updates -- Janina, Chaals, Paul

5.     <http://www.w3.org/2015/04/23-html-a11y-minutes.html#item05> Alt Doc Update -- Shane, Liam

6.     <http://www.w3.org/2015/04/23-html-a11y-minutes.html#item06> Canvas 2D Level 1 Progress -- Rich, Janina, Paul

7.     <http://www.w3.org/2015/04/23-html-a11y-minutes.html#item07> Web RTC

8.     <http://www.w3.org/2015/04/23-html-a11y-minutes.html#item08> Web VTT

9.     <http://www.w3.org/2015/04/23-html-a11y-minutes.html#item09> SVG navigation strategy

10.                     <http://www.w3.org/2015/04/23-html-a11y-minutes.html#item10> Other F2F Developments

11.                     <http://www.w3.org/2015/04/23-html-a11y-minutes.html#item11> TF Open Actions http://w3.org/wai/pf/html/track

12.                     <http://www.w3.org/2015/04/23-html-a11y-minutes.html#item12> Other Business

*	 <http://www.w3.org/2015/04/23-html-a11y-minutes.html#ActionSummary> Summary of Action Items

  _____  

<trackbot> Date: 23 April 2015

<janina> agenda order is 4 5 6 7 8 9 1 2 3 10 11 12 13 14

<scribe> scribe: JF


Identify Scribe  <http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/index.php?title=Scribe_List> http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/index.php?title=Scribe_List


Transcript Support Update -- John, Chaals, Cynthia


JS: a few issues around transcript

looking for minutes

JF: Clarification around minutes: the TF group on Wednesday didn't do a good job minuting the breakout (need to look for URL), however the meeting with the Media TF were minuted

JS: what are next steps with Transcript?

<paulc> Transcript Wiki:  <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Full_Transcript> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Full_Transcript

<paulc> Minutes for F2F discussion on Transcript Accessibility:  <http://www.w3.org/2015/04/15-html-media-minutes.html#item11> http://www.w3.org/2015/04/15-html-media-minutes.html#item11

<paulc> I want the TF to review Ted's ISSUE-194 review "Possible methods for associating transcripts with media elements":  <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ISSUE-194/Research> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ISSUE-194/Research

JF: ONce the wiki pages are cleaned up, they will be shared more widely.

PC: Need to go back and review Ted O'Connors comments from the past

JS: Agree to be mindful of past arguments, but not sure if it's the same viewpoints today as in the past

PC: Just asking to remember the history

<ShaneM> so call it bagel

+1 to Shane

<paulc> Transcript proposal:  <https://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ISSUE-194/TranscriptElement> https://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ISSUE-194/TranscriptElement

<paulc> That is the proposal that the A11Y TF ad hoc meeting discussed and for which more work is needed.

JF: Large discussion around the Transcript issue - focused on the two links provided.


Additional agenda?


JS: anything not on the agenda?


CfC Updates -- Janina, Chaals, Paul


JS: Note there is an open CfC on our work statement - looking for a formal consensus on the record. Please re-read and act if so inclined

<janina>  <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2015Apr/0063.html> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2015Apr/0063.html


Alt Doc Update -- Shane, Liam


JS: believe we are waiting on PF consensus, after which there will be approval from both sides and we should be able to close

PC: CfC for the HTML Working group was delayed (gremlins in the system) - going out now

JS: so that will make it roughly a week out


Canvas 2D Level 1 Progress -- Rich, Janina, Paul


JS: Paul was looking for a new candidate editor?

PC: Scribe was incorrect - action is to communicate with current editors to see if one of them could produce a candidate last call draft

<paulc> Paul's request for a revised LC draft of Canvas2D Level 1:  <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-canvas-api/2015AprJun/0001.html> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-canvas-api/2015AprJun/0001.html

that went out Apr. 14th

<paulc> No response so far.

PC: so far, no response. will continue to pursue this

JS: will likely want to review once that happens

PC: no changes since December, so you should be able to review now

JS: Hit Region support is in now?

PC: email points to the 2 bugs solved in Dec. - one being the bug rick resolved to fix (missing text)
... if any other changes required, speak up now. For those interested in the 2 new features, start review now

RS: will look at it over the next week

PC: just respond to the email message

RS: just want to look at wording things

PC: If required, file more bugs - make sure bugs have proposed changes (text changes)
... will contiinue to work on the editors issues

JS: still have a follow up wioth actual implementations - we know there are bugs, but we need to work on that

RC: which version are we looking at> current LC, or an editors version?

PC: current editors draft


Web RTC


Web VTT


<janina>  <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2015Apr/0054.html> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2015Apr/0054.html

JF: email went out last week, bugs have been filed

JB: how does it compare agaisnt the MAUR?

JS: that's the issue - cannot understand the spec to determine if they are being met

JB: we need to get this addressed early

JF: Janina's email linked above outline the issues we uncovered so far

we may even need to file a bug against HTML 5.1

around the <audio > element and caption files

JS: will get a seperate topic email out to the list


SVG navigation strategy


Other F2F Developments


JF: don't believe so, but folks have been traveling


TF Open Actions  <http://w3.org/wai/pf/html/track> http://w3.org/wai/pf/html/track


<janina> trackbot, close action-313

<trackbot> Closed action-313.


Other Business


JF: TPAC?

JS: believe we can have sufficient agenda during TPAC in Japan. The question is, who will be there? Please try to get indications on who will attend, as that will likely inform the agenda to pursue
... need to know this by end of month for planning purposes

<paulc> What is the status of the Doodle poll:  <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2015Apr/0003.html> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2015Apr/0003.html

JS: does anyone on the call know if they will be there

CS: will be there

<ShaneM> I *may* be in Japan

PC: Last time discussed, there were other alternatives discussed

<paulc> Poll:  <http://doodle.com/umhcvicyabcta7m8> http://doodle.com/umhcvicyabcta7m8

PC: there was also some discussion about a summer F2F in Europe

JS: there still seems to be some forward movement there, but we don't have a proposed date

<ShaneM> zakim. mute me

PC: does not appear to be a record around the possible summer F2F in Spain - need to get Charles in Charge

JS: anything else?
... adjourned

 

 

​-- 

John Foliot

Principal Accessibility Consultant

Deque Systems Inc.

 <mailto:john.foliot@deque.com> john.foliot@deque.com

 

Advancing the mission of digital accessibility and inclusion

 
Received on Thursday, 23 April 2015 16:16:58 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 23 April 2015 16:16:58 UTC