W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-a11y@w3.org > June 2014

Minutes: HTML A11Y TF Teleconference, 5 June 2014

From: Adrian Roselli <Roselli@algonquinstudios.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2014 15:45:24 +0000
To: "HTML Accessibility Task Force (public-html-a11y@w3.org)" <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
Message-ID: <0CB063710346B446A5B5DC305BF8EA3E2E1F8BD9@Ex2010MBX.development.algonquinstudios.com>

Yay! Minutes!

Minutes for the HTML Accessibility Task Force Teleconference held June 5, 2014 are available (links with plain text below):

HTML:
http://www.w3.org/2014/06/05-html-a11y-minutes.html

Text:
http://www.w3.org/2014/06/05-html-a11y-minutes.html,text


   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

              HTML Accessibility Task Force Teleconference

05 Jun 2014

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2014/06/05-html-a11y-irc

Attendees

   Present
          MarkS, Cynthia_Shelly, Adrian_Roselli, David_MacDonald,
          JF, [Microsoft], janina, Judy, Rich

   Regrets
   Chair
          Janina

   Scribe
          aardiran, aardrian

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Identify Scribe
            http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/index.php?title=Scr
            ibe_List
         2. [5]Longdesc
         3. [6]Canvas 2D Status & Next Steps
         4. [7]Longdesc
         5. [8]Canvas 2D Status & Next Steps
         6. [9]Alt Call for Consensus
         7. [10]Media Subteam
         8. [11]HTML 5.1 Next Steps
         9. [12]Other Business
        10. [13]Identify Scribe for the next TF teleconference
            http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/index.php?title=Scr
            ibe_List
     * [14]Summary of Action Items
     __________________________________________________________

   <trackbot> Date: 05 June 2014

   <MarkS> Meeting: HTML-A11Y Task Force Teleconference

Identify Scribe
[15]http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/index.php?title=Scribe_List

     [15] http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/index.php?title=Scribe_List

   <MarkS> scribeNick: aardiran

   <MarkS> scribeNick: aardrian

Longdesc

   MS: Last week I promised to have CR draft, but I am not ready
   to share with TF for review just yet.
   ... Have a couple questions for Chaals related to 2 late
   comments.
   ... Once I hear back and make edits I can bring to TF for
   review.

Canvas 2D Status & Next Steps

Longdesc

   PC: Chairs are about to issue last last call CFC for HTML 5.0.
   ... We need to make sure longdesc isn't slipping off schedule.

Canvas 2D Status & Next Steps

   JS: There was a meeting this week, recommended course of action
   from chairs.

   MS: We met and got updates. DrawFocus scheduled to be natively
   supported by FF next week...
   ... Hit regions supported behind a flag...
   ... Chrome has support for drawFocus. Samsung has submitted
   some patches.
   ... HTMLWG recommended Canvas a11y sub-group expand to a TF
   under WG.
   ... Will put together scope for TF, nominate facilitator.
   ... Where does canvas TF stand in migrating changes in 2D back
   into level 1?

   PC: Level 2 coming that will have all changes from Level 1.

   JS: Another good success for a11y in canvas.

Alt Call for Consensus

   JS: Had CfC consensus, closed last night. Several comments of
   support, one comment cited lack of longdesc.
   ... Drafting response, noting that we don't yet have a CR spec
   for longdesc.
   ... Expecting to follow up that we accept alt along with
   objection and reason for rejecting objection.

Media Subteam

   MS: Met this week, discussed changes to User Reqs Document for
   terminology changes, technology changes.
   ... Heard back from Web & TV interest group which was glad to
   hear our feedback.
   ... Will be incorporating feedback into second round of use
   cases and soliciting our feedback again.

   JS: We're still expecting stabilization draft around the end of
   the month?

   MS: Correct.
   ... Michael Cooper moved spec to Github from CVS, I merged the
   two documents so Github is current...
   ... Will continue to make edits on Github.

   JF: Do we need URL for repository, or will standard URL work?

   MS: PF working on formalizing process for rendering specs using
   Github pages.
   ... As soon as approved will have new URLs for editor draft.
   ... Will also redirect old URL to new URL.

   <MarkS>
   [16]https://rawgit.com/w3c/pfwg/master/media-accessibility-reqs
   /media-accessibility-reqs.html

     [16] https://rawgit.com/w3c/pfwg/master/media-accessibility-reqs/media-accessibility-reqs.html

   MS: Outstanding pull request still outstanding on this
   document.

HTML 5.1 Next Steps

   JS: Had good discussion last week to prioritize items.
   ... Sent email to list with priorities.

   <JF> me/

   [17]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2014Ju
   n/0015.html

     [17] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2014Jun/0015.html

   JS: Action 262 needs new due date - July 10.
   ... First presentation June 26 to discuss WebRTC -- it may
   slip.
   ... Leonie and I will talk about it on Monday. May be July 3
   that we present.
   ... People should check for their name/item on calendar.
   ... The straw poll of priorities is at the bottom of the email.
   ... Strong agreement for Media as number 1.
   ... Presentations through August. These may be in HTML.next,
   5.1, or later.

Other Business

   PC: Is it feasible to have a schedule on when we might expect
   to see vibrate work progressing?

   RS: I think we've refactored everything at this point.
   ... Specification is coming out next week, Thursday, June 12th.
   ... From there, discussions. We're also working on ARIA 1.1,
   which may affect mappings based on new semantics.
   ... ARIA timeline may affect it.

   PC: Original plan was that document would be smaller.
   Publishing next week?

   JS: FPWD

   PC: Does that acknowledge that some of the material came from
   HTMLWG draft?

   JS: It says that in a different way, notes additional
   specifications.

   RS: In the SVG spec we borrow from core spec.

   PC: SVG spec is new. We already have WD. You're pulling
   material from WD from on WG.

   JS: That may not reflect current situation.
   ... What is being published next week is next rev of ARIA 1 UA
   implemtation guide.
   ... No one has gone through HTML mapping guide to pull items
   into core a11y API mappings.

   PC: That mitigates my question.

   <cyns> Here is the text from CAAM This document includes
   general information for user agents to handle ARIA roles,
   states, and properties. It also includes host-language specific
   requirements where necessary to complete the accessibility
   model, in particular for HTML 4. In the future, the PFWG may
   split out technology-specific versions of this guide, moving
   some requirements out but retaining this document as the
   general ARIA implementation guide.

   JS: For HTML mappings spec, we have facilitators, we have asked
   for objections to moving to Github tree...
   ... Steve is ok with it, have not heard from Robin.

   PC: Would like to be pointed to more info about plan and future
   steps, how HTMLWG related to PF work.

   JS: Don't know when to expect FPWD for HTML a11y mappings.
   ... We're trying to use heartbeats more based on experience
   from HTMLWG.
   ... Expect heartbeats of ARIA, CAAM, etc as they become ready.

Identify Scribe for the next TF teleconference
[18]http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/index.php?title=Scribe_List

     [18] http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/index.php?title=Scribe_List

Summary of Action Items

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [19]scribe.perl version
    1.138 ([20]CVS log)
    $Date: 2014-06-05 15:40:47 $
     __________________________________________________________

     [19] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [20] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Thursday, 5 June 2014 15:45:56 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 7 January 2015 15:05:39 UTC