Re: update to at risk features in Canvas

On 9/26/13 12:50 PM, Richard Schwerdtfeger wrote:

> Mark,
>
> If that requires 2 implementations by the end of this year I cannot
> guarantee it.

We agreed to have a "clear path to implementation" for Custom focus rings by the end of the year, with testable implementations by end of Q1 2014.  Do you guys think this is achievable?

> 1. They won't allow Safari to count as a second implementation and I have
> not heard of any webkit plans so even if they do implement it, it won't
> matter.
> 2. IE won't share anything that they are doing
> 3. Firefox does not have a person assigned yet.

Having a person assigned would count toward having a "clear path to implemenation" as long as there is a paper trail of progress being made.

In your opinion, does dropping support for Dashes[1], text metrics [2] or ellipse() [3] have a negative impact on accessibility.

We talked about pushing support for Path (or an alternative) to the next version of Canvas, but what about Hit Regions [4]?

[1] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/drafts/2dcontext/html5_canvas/#dom-context-2d-setlinedash
[2] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/drafts/2dcontext/html5_canvas/#textmetrics
[3] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/drafts/2dcontext/html5_canvas/#dom-context-2d-ellipse
[4] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/drafts/2dcontext/html5_canvas/#hit-regions