Re: HTML5 alternatives to table summary don't work in current browsers, and Screen Readers

The current status of HTML 5 is CR. To change the spec would require a
return to Last Call. I'm not for that over table summary, and I doubt
whether the wider community would accept a return to LC over this.

In point of fact the TF's guidance on this point was rejected by the WG:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Apr/0091.html

At this time our options are either:

1.)	Show two independent implementations of the spec, or
2.)	Remove this guidance from the spec.

I'm perfectly OK with #2. I agree it leaves a gap, but we've had a gap
for sometime already. Fortunately, the gap will soon be filled, namely
when we do our FPWD of ARIA 1.1 later this year. I'm for going forward,
not backward.

Just my 2 cents (American).

Janina

--