Re: "turn the image around" UI idea

From: Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 02:49:35 +0200
To: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Cc: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>, HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>, Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>
Maciej Stachowiak, Wed, 19 Sep 2012 17:16:54 -0700:

> On Sep 19, 2012, at 2:40 PM, Leif Halvard Silli
> <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no> wrote:
>
>> Maciej Stachowiak, Wed, 19 Sep 2012 13:13:29 -0700:

>>> If you go that route, you get into the limited space available for
>>> the longpress menu, since all the touch targets have to be large
>>> enough to hit. For example, the menu attached to an image that is
>>> also a link already fills the whole screen on my iPhone.
>>
>> So there should at least be no problem when the image *isn't* a link,
>> then.
>
> I would not assume that - covering the whole screen is not the
> desired outcome. The point is that every item in the menu has to have
> extremely high justification to earn its slot, even more so than for
> context menus.

Here is why I said the above: On my iPad, an image link results in a
longpress menu with 5 clickable spots. But for 'naked' images, the
longpress menu produces only 2 clickable spots. That would make 3, with
a longdesc slot. If 5 slots covers the entire screen, then 3 slots
would only cover a little more than the half, I should think.
--
leif halvard silli