Re: additional sentence for 204

From: Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 23:42:30 +0200
To: James Craig <jcraig@apple.com>
Cc: Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>, Cynthia Shelly <cyns@microsoft.com>, HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>, Ted O'Connor <eoconnor@apple.com>
Leif Halvard Silli, Mon, 17 Sep 2012 22:40:25 +0200:

> ]]
>  Note: Only hidden="" elements that are referenced indirectly by a
>  unique identifier (ID) reference or valid hash-name reference may
>  have their structure and content exposed upon user request.<zzz>Note
>  that  this functionality means that the only certain way to prevent
>  user-initiated viewing of hidden="" elements is to remove the
>  identifier (ID) or hash-name reference to the element in question.
>  </zzz>
> [[

Hm - I am not satisfied with my own text there. Retry:

<zzz>
If an author would like to prevent all user-initiated viewing of
hidden="" elements, a removal of the identifier (ID) or the hash-name
reference would be necessary. But note that such a removal in some
cases also has semantic side-effects for the element from which it is
removed. For example if a @usemap attribute was removed, the
removed, would change from interactive content to a normal graphic.
</zzz>

Leif H Silli