Re: ISSUE-30: longdesc "InstateLongdesc" - outlook

On 09/10/2012 02:04 PM, Matt May wrote:
> I'd like to ask someone with enough patience to strip out the 2% of
> John's post that may be considered questionable to attempt to address
> the remaining 98% of it, which offered salient points to counter
> multiple assertions of the chairs. Maciej's message is not a
> response, and it needs not to be the end of the thread.
>
> I think a lot of the issues of tone could be settled by a little
> civility on both sides here. If John has in fact been warned 20
> times, I'd imagine that by rights you have all you need to have him
> removed. If not, your own disciplinary message violates the first
> citation, on sarcasm. If the chairs are going to make an example of
> someone, they should at least set an example as well.

Let me put this in perspective.  We would like more people to
participate in discussions in the A11y Task Force.  We often get push
back based on the lack of civility that is given to people who present
opposing views.

Quite often, they cite John Foliot by name.

I will go further say that the very latest was by a PFWG member and
cited this specific email by John.

The question I would like to pose: do we want a diverse community, or do
we want a group consisting solely of people who either consistently
agree with John or can put up with his all too frequent flames?

- Sam Ruby