Re: Drop longdesc, get aria-describedat?

From: Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 21:38:02 +0100
To: Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>
Cc: "Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com> W3C WAI-XTECH" <wai-xtech@w3.org>, HTMLAccessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
Janina Sajka, Wed, 14 Mar 2012 15:38:53 -0400:

> You should also remember that working groups cannot introduce new
> features into their specifications during the Candidate
> Recommendation stage of the w3C process. CR is for demonstrating that
> the spec can be implemented, and for clarifying documentation.

I'm not expert on these rules - and one seems one make new last calls
all the time, with new features in between the calls. But I get the
point.

> You'll recall that ARIA 1.0 is currently in CR:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2012Mar/0121.html

Yes. I know. I learned this anew when I, yesterday, filed my bug
regarding 'description links' inside role=img elements. Which, I, btw,
tried to formulate in such a way that it did not introduce add too much
'feature'.

[But I have not had any confirmation as to whether the form worked, so
that you successfully received my comment.]
--
leif h silli