W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-a11y@w3.org > January 2012

Text Subteam Minutes for 24 January

From: Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 14:13:52 -0500
To: HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
Message-ID: <20120124191352.GQ4924@sonata.rednote.net>
Minutes from the Tuesday 24 January teleconference of the HTML-A11Y Task
Force Text Subteam appear below in text and are available as html at:

http://www.w3.org/2012/01/24-text-minutes.html


   W3C

                                                           - DRAFT -

                                                        SV_MEETING_TITLE

24 Jan 2012

   See also: IRC log

Attendees

   Present
          Plh, Judy, David_MacDonald, Cooper, Janina_Sajka

   Regrets
   Chair
          SV_MEETING_CHAIR

   Scribe
          janina

Contents

     * Topics
         1. confirm assignees and timelines for text-related change proposals needed
         2. review updated proposal on meta name generator
         3. additional update on longdesc steps and timeline
     * Summary of Action Items
     __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

   <scribe> scribe: janina

   <MichaelC> drop item 16

   <MichaelC> drop item 17

confirm assignees and timelines for text-related change proposals needed

   jb: Noting that Meta-Generator and Title are old CP's that we need to forward as soon as ready

   janina: Thinks may have Feb 11 deadline as reconsideration requests. We should confirm -- or simply complete

   Meta Generator is

   http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposal/meta_name%3Dgenerator_does_not_make_missing_alt_conforming

   <Judy> Janina's new draft input: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2012Jan/0239.html

   Title is at:

   http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/notitlev2

   <Judy> jb: we need to discuss meta generator updated draft input today.

   <Judy> jb: we were supposed to review and discuss draft title attribute issue today; didn't; need to before next week's
   meeting.

   <MichaelC> Note this change proposal is not yet linked from http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals

   <MichaelC> also missing from http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Accessibility_Change_Proposal_Status

   michael: Noting that neither the HTML-WG nor the TF Wikis correctly point to Title CP v.2

   janina: I'll ask Steve to follow up

   judy: Also want to gather additional CPs due in Feb that come out of Bug Triage escalations

   The HTML-A11Y Task Force Wiki is at:

   http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Main_Page

   janina: Look for open issues with numbering beginning in the high 100's

   <Judy> http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Accessibility_Change_Proposal_Status

   judy: Looking for text related and assigning a person
   ... #193 CP to Steve. Steve, OK?

review updated proposal on meta name generator

   <Judy> re-reading updated
   http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposal/meta_name%3Dgenerator_does_not_make_missing_alt_conforming

   <Judy> re-reading new draft input: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2012Jan/0239.html

   judy: suggests dropping "all" or saying "most"

   janina: rather drop "all"

   judy: say WCAG2
   ... suggest expanding the corelation statement, followed by no justification

   janina s/no justification/no justification sentence/

additional update on longdesc steps and timeline

   judy: Thanks PLH for joining to discuss community concerns recently raised re longdesc reconsideration
   ... We've heard chairs are working through the various longdesc cp's but no firm date for moving forward
   ... anything further than can be said re expected steps and timelines?

   plh: Aplogizing for delay in dealing with this. It is an important issue.
   ... It is on a critical path, Maciej responded on list
   ... Chairs do have a tentative date, but they're still working toward an agreement re the existing 3 cps
   ... Hope is to move forward "extremely fast."
   ... Apologizing again for the delay, but noting this is a top priority item for us

   <Judy> js: Philippe I was wondering about Laura's question or assertion that Jonas and Ian might in the meantime be
   working on another approach? Do you have any thoughts about whether there might be work going on in the background?

   <Judy> plh: I don't know about that; that would be new information to me and possibly to the Chairs if so.

   <Judy> js: would be important to know

   judy: PLH, would be good to check with Chairs whether they know anything on this as well

   <Judy> jb: Janina if you have more info (any links?) on that could you please let us know; and Philippe can you check
   in with the Chairs on that?

   <plh> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/DeprecateLongdesc

   <Judy> plh: re-looking at Jonas' proposal...

   judy: Noting end of time for today, suggest full discussion on longdesc and its timeline next Text call next Tuesday

   <Judy> jb: would like to have a more thorough review of the status of the longdesc issue next tuesday, re-inviting
   Philippe, and Maciej or other Chairs

   <Judy> jb: thanks for joining, Philippe

Summary of Action Items

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Found Scribe: janina
Present: Plh Judy David_MacDonald Cooper Janina_Sajka


-- 

Janina Sajka,	Phone:	+1.443.300.2200
		sip:janina@asterisk.rednote.net

Chair, Open Accessibility	janina@a11y.org	
Linux Foundation		http://a11y.org

Chair, Protocols & Formats
Web Accessibility Initiative	http://www.w3.org/wai/pf
World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
Received on Tuesday, 24 January 2012 19:14:17 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Friday, 27 April 2012 04:42:52 GMT