Re: Bug 11893 and its dependent bugs

From: Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 10:39:33 +0000
To: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Cc: "Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net> (janina@rednote.net)" <janina@rednote.net>, "Michael Cooper (cooper@w3.org)" <cooper@w3.org>, "Michael(tm) Smith (mike@w3.org)" <mike@w3.org>, "public-html-a11y@w3.org" <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
Hi Paul,

> Could the TF please confirm how you want bugs 11891 and 11892 processed?  In
> particular if you think they are part of ISSUE-199, can you please explain
> why?

The source of the bugs is the WAI-ARIA lexical processing document
http://www.w3.org/2011/01/aria-lexical-processing

the document states (note:the content in brackets are the associated
bugs added for illustrative purposes):

HTML ISSUE-129 addresses ARIA integration in HTML 5. The Protocols and
Formats Working Group will pursue the following steps to clarify
lexical processing of WAI-ARIA in HTML 5 as part of this issue:

 Provide a definition for the role attribute, since one is not defined
by WAI-ARIA. This should be a global attribute.
(Bug 11891 - add role attribute to list of global attributes and add
definition for it )

 Define in Annotations for assistive technology products (ARIA) that
the states and properties are formally HTML attributes, in addition to
simply providing mapping information.
(Bug 11892 - explicitly state that ARIA states and properties are
formal/normative HTML attributes)

Expand the same section to describe rules for lexical processing of
WAI-ARIA attributes.
 ( Bug 11893 - define lexical processing rules for ARIA attributes)

Which is why the bugs are part of issue 199. Is that sufficient explanation?

best regards
Stevef