W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-a11y@w3.org > January 2012

Minutes from HTML-A11y Bug Triage Telecon, January 11th

From: Hans Hillen <hans.hillen@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 20:41:55 +0100
Message-Id: <085C85B4-70B4-4926-B3C6-360210836042@gmail.com>
To: public-html-a11y@w3.org
Hi all, 

Here are the minutes for today's bug triage call: http://www.w3.org/2012/01/11-a11y-bugs-minutes.html .

The text-only version can be found at http://www.w3.org/2012/01/11-a11y-bugs-minutes.html,text and is also included at  the end of this message.

Regards,

Hans Hillen, 
Accessibility Consultant / Developer
TPG Europe 


Text only version start:

  [1]W3C

     [1] http://www.w3.org/

                              - DRAFT -

                          SV_MEETING_TITLE

11 Jan 2012

  [2]Agenda

     [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2012Jan/0055.html

  See also: [3]IRC log

     [3] http://www.w3.org/2012/01/11-a11y-bugs-irc

Attendees

  Present
  Regrets
         Marco_Ranon, Gez_Lemon, Everett_Zufelt

  Chair
         SV_MEETING_CHAIR

  Scribe
         hhillen

Contents

    * [4]Topics
        1. [5]Fixed bugs
        2. [6]Invalid bugs
        3. [7]Fixed bugs
        4. [8]Cynthia's questions
    * [9]Summary of Action Items
    _________________________________________________________

  The passcode does not seem to work for me

  It either says "The conference is restricted at this time" or "the
  passcode is incorrect"

  either is fine by me

  IS there a limit to how many conferences there can be at a time?

  ah ok

  <scribe> scribe: hhillen

Fixed bugs

  <MichaelC> drop item 6

  <MichaelC> drop item 7

Invalid bugs

  <MichaelC> agenda:
  [10]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2012Jan/005
  5.html

    [10] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2012Jan/0055.html

  [11]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=7601

    [11] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=7601

  MC: No Action

  LW: I will take out the a11ytf keyword

  [12]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=10481

    [12] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=10481

  MC: This one already has a tracker issue, so it's already escalated

  HH: It's associated with
  [13]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/129

    [13] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/129

  LW: Do we still need to track it if it has already been escalated?

  MC: That's something that should be discussed

  [14]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=10482

    [14] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=10482

  MC: Already assigned to a tracker issue

  [15]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=10905

    [15] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=10905

  MC: It's an old issue that dropped off the radar. We assigned it to
  Gregory but maybe we should assign it to Steve
  ... This should be part of the (possibly yet to be created) ARIA
  mapping tracker issue

  [16]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=11238

    [16] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=11238

  MC: Already has a tracker issue

  [17]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13326

    [17] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13326

  MC: Requester already marked it as invalid, so there's no need to
  track it. I'll remove the a11ytf keyword.

  [18]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13504

    [18] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13504

  MC: This should be a feature request

  [19]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13533

    [19] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13533

  HH: This is a user agent rather than an HTML feature

  MC: Should we remove the a11ytf keyword?

  LW: It's out of the scope of this spec so it should be filed
  somewhere else.

  MC: I'll remove the keyword. It's something that should be handled
  by UAAG

  [20]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13535

    [20] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13535

  HH: This is more related to WCAG than HTML

  MC: I'll ping Joshue, this bug should be added as a WCAG technique
  ... Removing the a11ytf keyword

  [21]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13562

    [21] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13562

  MC: I propose we reassign this to the HTML A11Y API component.
  ... That means assigning it to Cynthia
  ... Marking it as reopend

  [22]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13617

    [22] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13617

  MC: I think the HTML spec should address this, but I think it's more
  informative
  ... I don't want to escalate this bug but I also don't want to drop
  it

  HH: To me this is not an a11y issue but a privacy issue in general
  ... And not related to HTML5 in particular

  MC: I'll add a note that this is a valid issue but that we're not
  sure who the owner should be (perhaps UAAG or Privacy), or that it
  even belongs in HTML. The issue is not related to accessibility but
  to privacy in general.
  ... I can alert the person who is handling privacy about this bug

  [23]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13619

    [23] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13619

  MC: Some API from the Web Apps WG should handle this

  LW: An API would make sense if it's platform neutral

  MC: Maybe we can raise this as a question at the task force meeting
  tomorrow

  LW: It's really a feature request though, a request for something
  that's absent rather than broken
  ... So our options are treat it as a feature request or escalate it

  MC: We'll treat it as a feature request, it's relevant but does not
  need to be escalated now
  ... We could change the resolution state from 'invalid' to 'later'
  ... I'll make that change now

  [24]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13621

    [24] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13621

  MC: Escalating seems problematic, dropping doesn't quite sound right
  ... I'll assign it back to Greg but take of the a11ytf keyword, no
  other changes

  [25]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13647

    [25] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13647

  MC: We need to have a way of not dropping this. It's a relevant
  issue but related to MathML and not HTML
  ... We should remove the TF keyword, add verify invalid
  ... We may have to consider having another call on Friday
  ... We'll process Cynthia's issue now

Fixed bugs

Cynthia's questions

  MC: Bug 8000, Cynthia asked if it could be closed

  [26]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8000

    [26] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8000

  MC: We should stay focused on escalation, this one is already
  escalated and she 's asking about de-escalation. We should email
  back to Cynthia that we leave this to her judgement

  [27]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2011Dec/031
  8.html

    [27] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2011Dec/0318.html

  MC: Cynthia's proposing to let this one go
  ... I'll remove the TF keyword

  [28]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2011Dec/031
  7.html

    [28] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2011Dec/0317.html

  MC: There is nothing we can do for this, it should go back to the
  task force

  [29]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2011Dec/031
  6.html

    [29] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2011Dec/0316.html

  13512

  MC: We agree with wont fix and out of scope

  13659

  MC: No objections

  13662

  MC: We should leave that on Cynthia's plate

  13656

  That would go back to the task force

  13528

  MC: That's fine, we don't need to do anything.
  ... We need to figure out if we should drop the a11ytf keyword for
  bugs that are already verified or that have been add to tracker

  13531

  MC: Are we going to escalate on an example? This might fall under
  the 'pick your battles' thing

  LW: Yes, the request is correct but probably not worth picking up
  right now

  The above applies to 13542

  13548

  MC: We're leaving this one alone

  13549

  MC: If Cynthia wants to escalate this she can do this on her own
  steam, the bug triage team does not see the need to escalate

  13552

  MC: I don't think we want to pursue this

  13560

  MC: We should put this on the list for tomorrow

  13559

  MC: NOt one for use to escalate

  [30]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2011Dec/032
  9.html

    [30] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2011Dec/0329.html

  13561

  MC: Nothing for us to do

  13562

  MC: Nothing for us to do

  13566

  MC: Does not need escalating
  ... Friday we'll look at the fixed and needs info bugs
  ... And go through the tracker issues

Summary of Action Items

  [End of minutes]
    _________________________________________________________


   Minutes formatted by David Booth's [31]scribe.perl version 1.136
   ([32]CVS log)
   $Date: 2012/01/11 19:37:19 $
    _________________________________________________________

    [31] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
    [32] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

  [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.136  of Date: 2011/05/12 12:01:43
Check for newer version at [33]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002
/scribe/

    [33] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found Scribe: hhillen
Inferring ScribeNick: hhillen

WARNING: No "Present: ... " found!
Possibly Present: HH LW LeonieW MC MichaelC https inserted kliehm
You can indicate people for the Present list like this:
       <dbooth> Present: dbooth jonathan mary
       <dbooth> Present+ amy

Regrets: Marco_Ranon Gez_Lemon Everett_Zufelt

WARNING: No meeting title found!
You should specify the meeting title like this:
<dbooth> Meeting: Weekly Baking Club Meeting

Agenda: [34]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2012Ja
n/0055.html

    [34] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2012Jan/0055.html

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Got date from IRC log name: 11 Jan 2012
Guessing minutes URL: [35]http://www.w3.org/2012/01/11-a11y-bugs-minute
s.html
People with action items:

    [35] http://www.w3.org/2012/01/11-a11y-bugs-minutes.html

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.


  End of [36]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

    [36] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
Received on Wednesday, 11 January 2012 19:42:28 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Friday, 27 April 2012 04:42:52 GMT