W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-a11y@w3.org > January 2012

Re: Minutes from HTML-A11y Bug Triage Telecon, January 10th

From: Hans Hillen <hans.hillen@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 18:45:41 +0100
Message-Id: <973441AB-39F9-41CA-A78D-1D728359E6EA@gmail.com>
To: public-html-a11y@w3.org
Hi all, 

Here are the minutes for today's bug triage call: http://www.w3.org/2012/01/10-a11y-bugs-minutes.html .

The text only version can be found at http://www.w3.org/2012/01/10-a11y-bugs-minutes.html,text and is also included at  the end of this message.

Regards,

Hans Hillen, 
Accessibility Consultant / Developer
TPG Europe 

Text Only Minutes: 

  [1]W3C

     [1] http://www.w3.org/

                              - DRAFT -

               WAI HTML-A11y Bug Triage weekly meeting

10 Jan 2012

  See also: [2]IRC log

     [2] http://www.w3.org/2012/01/10-a11y-bugs-irc

Attendees

  Present
         David_MacDonald, Léonie_Watson, Hans_Hillen, Joshue_O_Connor,
         Everett_Zufelt, Michael_Cooper

  Regrets
  Chair
         Léonie Watson

  Scribe
         Hans Hillen, hhillen

Contents

    * [3]Topics
        1. [4]Identify Scribe
        2. [5]New bugs review
        3. [6]Actions review
        4. [7]Needs more info bugs
        5. [8]Won't fix bugs
    * [9]Summary of Action Items
    _________________________________________________________

  <lwatson> agenda: this

  <David> testing

  <David> I'm here too

Identify Scribe

  <lwatson> scribe: Hans Hillen

  <hhillen> scribe: hhillen

New bugs review

  LW: EZ, are there any new bugs?

  EZ: There was one that might be related to a11y, but I'll look into
  that one further

  <lwatson> [10]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=15488

    [10] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=15488

Actions review

  LW: Were there any actions from last week?

  MC: We grouped wont fix bugs into tracker issue

Needs more info bugs

  LW: I sent emails around xmas to people about their needs info bugs
  ... Cynthia and Steve we responsive, haven't heard from the rest
  ... I'll bring it up on Thursday's TF meeting

  MC: The most important thing for me is to know is: what are the
  tracker issues that we need by this Friday
  ... Text Alternatives, Keyboard access, ARIA mapping, Canvas, Media
  would be the most important ones to get tracker issues for
  ... Then there is conformance, Feature request, miscellaneous
  ... what we should do now is look at the remaining bugs and
  determine do we want a tracker issue

  LW: Can you remind be what 'creating a tracker issue' would mean?

  MC: It means that we're not happy with the resolution of the bug and
  want to escalate it. In my mind the needs info ones have the
  shakiest grounds to be escalated, because the responsibility was
  with us. It's the wont fix ones that we're on clear grounds for: the
  editor said "no" and we don't agree with it.
  ... We also need to look at the 14 bugs with "invalid" status

Won't fix bugs

  <MichaelC>
  [11]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?product=HTML+WG&keywo
  rds=a11ytf&bug_status=RESOLVED&resolution=WONTFIX

    [11] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?product=HTML+WG&keywords=a11ytf&bug_status=RESOLVED&resolution=WONTFIX

  [12]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13429

    [12] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13429

  MC: We can say it looks like it's going through process or we can
  say that we won't escalate it

  JC: Is this political more than technical?

  MC: It's more political. The more we escalate, there more we're seen
  as a pain
  ... So we need to make sure to not escalate too many issues
  ... If we do escalate, we have to make sure we push the solution

  HH: It's more of a usability issue than an accessibility issue

  MC: that sounds like we shouldn't escalate for now

  [13]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13524

    [13] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13524

  MC: This seems to be the only drag & drop issue that we don't know
  is ok. We think the htnl5 drag & drop is in order now, but we didn't
  take this bug into account then
  ... I'm proposing not to escalate this as no one else has talked
  about this issue, the original filer can escalate if he/she wants to

  [14]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=10873

    [14] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=10873

  MC: This one was filed by EZ
  ... We should have triage this as a feature request
  ... We should get feature requests in a requirements page somewhere,
  but not escalate it because it's too late in the process for that
  ... I do agree with the bug though, I would like a tooltip attribute

  EZ: I'm indifferent about which direction it goes, it's not a really
  high priority, and some point this feature should be added, but it
  doesn't have to be right now.

  MC: The a11y community has never written up an html wish list for
  html
  ... This could be the start of that
  ... Once we have that wish list, we could start to shop fro those
  features
  ... If we like that idea we can start shopping it up, see where we
  would house such a group and start recruiting. With that in mind we
  can stop pursuing feature request bugs for immediate escalation
  ... We also tagged about 7 bugs as conformance

  LW: What was the condition for 'conformance'?

  MC: Bugs about allowing or not allowing particular markup in
  particular situations

  LW: SO is it just a issue for the validator, or are there other
  effects?

  HH: THere could be other effects, if the browser decides not to
  implement a non-conformant feature

  [15]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=9485

    [15] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=9485

  MC: I don't want to escalate this one

  EZ: HTML5 should take its guidance from WCAG, but it shouldn't be
  tied to it
  ... It should be odd to create a dependence between the two, wcag
  should only be used as guidance

  [16]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=10906

    [16] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=10906

  MC: We can document this in the mapping guide, but it sounds to me
  we don't support this bug
  ... I'll reopen this bug and move it to the HTML a11y api component
  ... That means that this bug won't be dropped but it won't be
  escalated either

  [17]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13442

    [17] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13442

  LW: I don't think this is one we need to escalate

  [18]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13548

    [18] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13548

  MC: I agree with cynthia but I don't think this is a high priority
  ... We're not escalating this one

  [19]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13561

    [19] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13561

  MC: I'll reopen it, and assign it to Cynthia

  [20]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13638

    [20] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13638

  MC: We already decided we don't want to crow the spec to wcag
  ... or UAAG

  LW: This one doesn't need escalation

  MC: We could get a preamble for this
  ... We could create our own bug for it
  ... Wait, There is a link to UAAG already, so we don't have to do
  this after all

  [21]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13639

    [21] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13639

  MC: No need to escalate this
  ... That clears the wont fix bugs from last week
  ... We'll schedule an extra (last) meeting this thursday at 7PM CET,
  to finish the remaining bugs

Summary of Action Items

  [End of minutes]
    _________________________________________________________


   Minutes formatted by David Booth's [22]scribe.perl version 1.136
   ([23]CVS log)
   $Date: 2012/01/10 17:09:50 $
    _________________________________________________________

    [22] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
    [23] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

  [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.136  of Date: 2011/05/12 12:01:43
Check for newer version at [24]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002
/scribe/

    [24] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found Scribe: Hans Hillen
Found Scribe: hhillen
Inferring ScribeNick: hhillen
Scribes: Hans Hillen, hhillen
Default Present: David_MacDonald
Present: David_MacDonald Léonie_Watson Hans_Hillen Joshue_O_Connor Ever
ett_Zufelt Michael_Cooper
Got date from IRC log name: 10 Jan 2012
Guessing minutes URL: [25]http://www.w3.org/2012/01/10-a11y-bugs-minute
s.html
People with action items:

    [25] http://www.w3.org/2012/01/10-a11y-bugs-minutes.html

  End of [26]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

    [26] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
Received on Tuesday, 10 January 2012 17:46:15 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Friday, 27 April 2012 04:42:52 GMT