Re: Request to Reconsider Alt Guidance Location

From: Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 17:26:00 +0100
To: Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
Cc: Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>, Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis <bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, Michael Smith <mike@w3.org>, HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>, public-html@w3.org, Judy Brewer <jbrewer@w3.org>
Steve Faulkner, Sun, 26 Feb 2012 08:47:36 +0000:

>> May be. But if I don't know the other languages, then it is just a
>> distractions. I don't need to read about ODF — or Word — if my focus on
>> HTML.
>
> I do not think this is what's being suggested,as an example:
>
> the wcag techniques  provide technology specific techniques on how to
> hide a decorative image:
> all of which

> for HTML: H67:

> for Flash: FLASH3:

> For PDF: PDF4:

> For CSS: C9:

Thanks. With what you say here in mind, I, in my previous reply [1],
suggested that you eventually update the CP with more info about the
precise fate of the Alt techniques document. E.g. will it simply be
dropped into the Web space of the WCAG techniques as one, big document
on alternative text for HTML images?

[1]
http://www.w3.org/mid/20120226171312198795.db128fd8@xn--mlform-iua.no

--