Re: STILL Open--48-Hour Consensus Call: Request to reconsider Alt Techniques Location

Hi Leif,

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 3:30 PM, Leif Halvard Silli
> Laura Carlson, Thu, 23 Feb 2012 13:09:44 -0600:
>
>>> Let's take a brief review of where we are today--where the existing
>>> approach has lead us:
>>>
>>> * We have no workable mechanism for longer text descriptions. We
>>> * haven't had one for almost a full year now. It doesn't appear
>>> * the WG is about to provide one anytime soon.
>>
>> Actually it has been since 2007. longdesc never was included in HTML5
>> from the start.
>
> With regard to the purpose of the Change Proposal: Unless the intention
> is to create a third version of HTML5 - or at least an extension to
> HTML5, a move of the Alt techniques guideline[s] from HTML5 to another
> place, is not going to impact @longdesc's obsoleted status.

I believe Janina was referring to the whole HTML Decision Process and
reviewing how it has "worked" for the accessibility Task Force.

Best Regards,
Laura

--
Laura L. Carlson