(unknown charset) Re: STILL Open--48-Hour Consensus Call: Request to reconsider Alt Techniques Location

From: (unknown charset) Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 22:30:01 +0100
To: (unknown charset) Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>
Cc: (unknown charset) Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>, HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
Laura Carlson, Thu, 23 Feb 2012 13:09:44 -0600:

>> Let's take a brief review of where we are today--where the existing
>> approach has lead us:
>>
>> * We have no workable mechanism for longer text descriptions. We
>> * haven't had one for almost a full year now. It doesn't appear
>> * the WG is about to provide one anytime soon.
>
> Actually it has been since 2007. longdesc never was included in HTML5
> from the start.

With regard to the purpose of the Change Proposal: Unless the intention
is to create a third version of HTML5 - or at least an extension to
HTML5, a move of the Alt techniques guideline[s] from HTML5 to another
place, is not going to impact @longdesc's obsoleted status.
--
Leif Halvard Silli