RE: Updated ISSUE-206 CP

From: Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 10:56:31 +0200
To: John Foliot <john@foliot.ca>
Cc: 'Edward O'Connor' <eoconnor@apple.com>, public-html@w3.org, 'HTML Accessibility Task Force' <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
John Foliot, Tue, 21 Aug 2012 16:26:05 -0700:
> (As an aside, none of the current new attribute proposals address this
> concern, and so all are incomplete at this time IMHO. Any of the 3 new
> attributes will also need to have a mechanism that informs users that "this
> is an important image that lacks any textual alternative", so the
> interaction with AT tools needs to be addressed.)

My CP focuses on specifically that problem - it asks generators to
insert two carefully chosen whitespace characters, as this has
documented, positive effect with regard to making AT announce the image
presence with a short 'Image.' or 'Graphic.' announcement:

http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/TitleKeyContentMark

The CP refers to this as placing a 'key content mark' in the title
attribute.

Perhaps Ted and Laura would like to update their proposals with same
thing? Namely ask generators to not only add the new attribute but also
add the key content mark in the @title?
--
leif halvard silli