Re: img@relaxed CP [was: CfC: Close ISSUE-206: meta-generator by Amicable Resolution]

From: Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis <bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 08:27:52 +0100
To: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>, John Foliot <john@foliot.ca>, "Michael[tm] Smith" <mike@w3.org>, public-html@w3.org, public-html-a11y@w3.org, "Edward O'Connor" <eoconnor@apple.com>
On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 1:54 AM, Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net> wrote:
> Call me dense if you must, but I don't see there's anything here about
> a11y.

Developers automatically inserting filler text alternatives or hiding
images from the accessibility hierarchy, ignoring linter warnings
about missing text alternatives in content they've created, or
avoiding linting entirely has an adverse impact on people with
disabilities.

> There's no way that identifying what image may have been injected vs one that was "hand" authored.

Developers can use markup can identify such things.

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis