Re: img@relaxed CP [was: CfC: Close ISSUE-206: meta-generator by Amicable Resolution]

Henry:

Henri Sivonen writes:
> Do you really not understand this distinction? Do you really think
> this is about making things nicer to validator users? After all these
> permathreads? Even if you disagree about what markup generator
> developers would do or disagree that what they would do would be worse
> for accessibility, I think it's totally counterproductive to
> mischaracterize what this discussion is about.

Call me dense if you must, but I don't see there's anything here about
a11y. Nor do I see a11y people suggesting there's an a11y issue here.
So, Henry, if it's not about validators and their use, then let's undo
the ill-advised meta generator decision and go on to important business.
There's no a11y issue here. There's no way that identifying what image
may have been injected vs one that was "hand" authored. From the a11y
point of view, that's the classic distinction without a difference.

Janina

--

Janina Sajka,	Phone:	+1.443.300.2200
			sip:janina@asterisk.rednote.net