W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-a11y@w3.org > April 2012

Task Force Teleconference Minutes for 12 April

From: Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 12:02:47 -0400
To: HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
Message-ID: <20120412160247.GP4718@sonata.rednote.net>

Minutes from the HTML-A11Y Task Force teleconference of 12 April are provided below in text and are available as hypertext at:

http://www.w3.org/2012/04/12-html-a11y-minutes.html


   W3C

                                                           - DRAFT -

                                          HTML Accessibility Task Force Teleconference

12 Apr 2012

   Agenda

   See also: IRC log

Attendees

   Present
          Judy, David_MacDonald, John_Foliot, Mike, Cooper, Janina_Sajka, Paul_Cotton

   Regrets
   Chair
          Mike

   Scribe
          Janina

Contents

     * Topics
         1. text alternatives, lang in spec and also alts on images in spec
         2. Text Subteam
     * Summary of Action Items
     __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

   <trackbot> Date: 12 April 2012

   <MikeSmith> argh

   <MikeSmith> Zakim being slow

   <Judy> Scribe: Janina

   <scribe> scribe: janina

   <paulc> beeping stopped when I went on manual mute on my end.

   <paulc> Nothing to add on my part.

   janina: Janina explains that PF is still working on finalization of the language regarding ARIA-Hidden in our User
   Agent Implementation Guide
   ... We've agreed on language, but as of yesterday, it had not yet been checked into our doc
   ... Cynthia is charged from PF to work with me on a CP for Issue-204

   judy: Points out that people continue to look for other approaches while Issue-30 remains unresolved
   ... This is why reviewing this timeline is important

   janina: Yes, When we finish on Issue-204, and that means CP by 18 April, Issue-30 is next

text alternatives, lang in spec and also alts on images in spec

   mike: Main point here is to ask people to look and bring up any issues

   <MikeSmith> http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/the-img-element.html#alt

   mike: One issue is whether this section should even be in the spec
   ... However, if it remains, we want not to conflict with WAI-WCAG guidance, and with WCAG techniques
   ... So, please look at this section and provide comment

   judy: Suggest doing subteam reports first might help with today's agenda, as there's subteam work on this topic

   mike: OK, let's do that ...

Text Subteam

   <Judy> http://www.w3.org/2012/04/10-text-minutes.html

   judy: Noting Text Subteam meeting and also recent series of coordination meetings with two WG Chairs, Janina and myself
   ... Coordinations have been helpful
   ... Discussions have included alt bug issues
   ... Also, Janina and Leif are working to identify any additional potential problems
   ... Anyone who can help, please coordinate with Janina and Leif
   ... We hope to be complete with that review in the Text Subteam by next Tuesday
   ... Secondly, we are reviewing the alt on images in the HTML spec to see whether there are issues there
   ... Any help on that please coordinate with David McDonald
   ... Also, we discussed I-204, have already had report here ...
   ... I-203 -- which has a longdesc dependency -- to be more specific

   <JF> +Q

   mike: OK, other subteam reports?

   jf: Want to note that we want to call the Media Subteam back into a few meetings to clear some issues that have emerged
   and remain unresolved

   judy: I believe there are some pending edits for already resolved matters ...
   ... So may not need reconvene of Media?

   <MikeSmith> http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/issue-status.html#ISSUE-188

   <MikeSmith> http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/issue-status.html#ISSUE-203

   <MikeSmith> http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/issue-status.html#ISSUE-194

   janina: Noting that I-194, I-203 still unresolved and TF may have a preference
   ... Also that there's disagreement and perhaps misunderstanding on I-203 -- whether a longder description is needed on
   video and whether a trnascript does, or does not fill that need
   ... also the need to prove our theory of multi-level navigation

   jf: Agree

   judy: OK, with that clarification I support this

   jf: Noting that while conversation is still ongoing, the possibility of consensus on approaches is worthy of pursuit

   mike: Also Canvas issues ...

   <MikeSmith> http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/issue-status.html#ISSUE-131

   mike: Rich is not here today
   ... We still have I-131, and I-201 ...

   <MikeSmith> http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/issue-status.html#ISSUE-201

   <MikeSmith> http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/issue-status.html#ISSUE-205

   janina: I had a top-of-my-head suggestion during last week's WG telecon to extend deadline on I-201 inasmuch as canvas
   is to be discussed during upcoming f2f

   mike: Do we want to resolve for an extension?

   judy: Makes sense given that people have agreed to work on that

   mike: Let's bring that to the WG then

   judy: Noting three issues relating to canvas, I131, I201, and I205 maybe should extend until post F2F?

   paul: We believe 131 is blocked by 205, we think with minor changes ready for survey
   ... current opinion of two of the chairs
   ... I expect to begin work on a survey for 205 and 131
   ... Don't believe 131 and 205 need to be on F2F, unless there's something people want to discuss

   mike: So perhaps only an extension on 201?

   paul: Perhaps only the request of chairs to not take action on 201 until after the F2F?

   <paulc> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Mar/0686.html

   paul: Notes that Counter Proposals on 201 were due last night midnight Boston time
   ... Notes a CP from Ted is here

   <paulc> On time counter proposal from Ted: http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/User:Eoconnor/ISSUE-201

   paul: So the request is that the chairs not move these forward until after the F2F?

   judy: yes

   paul: I'll follow up on that

   ike: I do think we should get this recorded on the WG call

   <paulc> dropping off to prep for the WG call

   mike: Anything else today?

   [silence]

   mike: A scribe for next week?

   <MichaelC> http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Scribe_List

   michael: Steve would be top of list if he's here ...
   ... Rich, Cynthia, David, John, in order ...

Summary of Action Items

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Found Scribe: janina
Present: Judy David_MacDonald John_Foliot Mike Cooper Janina_Sajka Paul_Cotton

-- 

Janina Sajka,	Phone:	+1.443.300.2200
		sip:janina@asterisk.rednote.net

Chair, Open Accessibility	janina@a11y.org	
Linux Foundation		http://a11y.org

Chair, Protocols & Formats
Web Accessibility Initiative	http://www.w3.org/wai/pf
World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
Received on Thursday, 12 April 2012 16:03:16 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Friday, 27 April 2012 04:42:58 GMT