W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-a11y@w3.org > October 2011

HTML-A11Y Task Force Teleconference Minutes for 13 October

From: Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 12:02:46 -0400
To: HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
Message-ID: <20111013160245.GF18771@sonata.rednote.net>
Minutes from the teleconference of the HTML-A11Y Task Force on 13
October are provided below in text and are available as hypertext at:



                                                           - DRAFT -

                                          HTML Accessibility Task Force Teleconference

13 Oct 2011

   See also: IRC log


          Mike, Rich_Schwerdtfeger, Rich, paulc, Judy, [IPcaller], Michael_Cooper, Mike.a, Cynthia_Shelly, +1.617.615.aaaa




     * Topics
         1. Paul to explain escalation options for two current P1 a11y bugs
         2. Subteam Reports: Media; Text; Canvas; ARIA Mappings; Bug Triage
         3. review bugzilla a11y-tf "needs info" bugs
         4. review other bugzilla a11y-tf bugs
         5. Other Business
         6. Identify Scribe for 06 October
     * Summary of Action Items

   <trackbot> Date: 13 October 2011

   <scribe> Meeting: HTML-A11Y telecon

   <paulc> P1 bugs:

   <paulc> I am testing whether the long URL actually works.

   <scribe> scribe: janina

Paul to explain escalation options for two current P1 a11y bugs

   paulc: Relates to WG Action-204

   <paulc> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/204?changelog

   paulc: Sam got no response
   ... Chairs have no consensus on escalation
   ... However, bug originator has that authority -- to escalate
   ... So, if disatisfied, originator can escalate to an issue

   <paulc> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13181

   <paulc> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13176

   paulc: Want to be clear I'm not telling anyone to do this, just laying out the option

   judy: A bit confused here ...

   <paulc> Description P1 bugs and their processing: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Jun/0315.html

   janina: The problem for us is the desire to try and resolve how to move forward without getting into the world of cp's
   and counter-cp's, and surveys simply because the editor isn't responding

   paulc: adding the tracker request means the bugs will likely be issues within a day or so
   ... at that point the time clock on cp's etc starts
   ... else, if we leave this to dec 31, which is the editor's deadline,

   rich: we're also waiting on maciej response on draw focus ring, as he's asked for changes
   ... Maciej asked we split this out, our question is 'does it look OK'

   paulc: On that, I have no more I can add

   rich: feel like we're squeezed in part because we're waiting a month for a response from one of the chairs

   janina: Think there are two things here getting tangled

   paulc: One is the process of bug handling then escalating

   janina: Second is the attemtp to respond to Maciej's suggestion. Have we satisfied his suggestion? We're unclear and
   have no response on that

   judy: Wondering if we need to revisit coordination
   ... Think Paul has been clear with us, but some of this goes beyond
   ... Suggest we assign this to us, myself, Janina, Paul, etc to take on a coordination level

   rich: How do I reopen Issue-131

   paulc: Is this this topic, or

   rich: Maciej says 'reopen issue-131' but i don't know how

   paulc: Looking ...

   <MikeSmith> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011May/0138.html "Final decision on Issue-131"

   paulc: Suggest an email publically saying why the request to reopen

   <paulc> Here is the link to ISSUE-131: http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/131

   rich: Will Maciej be on the WG call, I want to ask whether he's happy with the changes before I move forward with the
   request to reopen

   paulc: Suggest as part of the a11y report

Subteam Reports: Media; Text; Canvas; ARIA Mappings; Bug Triage

   <MikeSmith> janina: Media subteam has not planned to meet for some time

   janina: Media not currently active, though we need to ping on a couple issues

   <MikeSmith> ... John and I have discussed a couple things we need to get together to talk about more, but we have not
   done that yet

   judy: On text

   <Judy> http://www.w3.org/2011/10/11-text-minutes.html

   judy: New time not working, will try Tuesdays at 1PM Boston
   ... On longdesc, John has responded at length to Jonas
   ... Janina is completing a brief response on Matt's cp
   ... Maciej had suggested to fold John's content into Laura's cp

   paulc: Don't think this is a chairs response, just a suggestion from Maciej

   judy: On meta generator -- Janina coordinating with Steve Faulkner's proposal, not yet settled
   ... On Table Summary, progress on expanded uses cases,
   ... the css generated content questin now morphing into something that PF will discuss with CSS

   mike: Think Maciej's comment was simply his own suggestion

   judy: Question we're concerned is whether our response to Jonas will be considered as sufficient group response

   <Stevef> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/notitlev2

   mike: Next Bug Triage

   leonie: Almost done with priority evaluation, we've changed two, I think
   ... Next we go through to manage that there is sufficient info, etc

review bugzilla a11y-tf "needs info" bugs


   <MikeSmith> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=12964

   Steve: Seems Silvia asked some open ended questions, therefore the current status

   michael: Perhaps Silvia neglect to change bug status?

   mike: Sounds right. I'm moving it to 'reopened'

   <MikeSmith> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=11956

   <MikeSmith> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=11956#c12

   mike: Editor says he doesn't understand the problem, where's the responsibility?
   ... This has been there awhile

   steve: Feel like a continuing runaround
   ... Will look at it but feel it's something that won't be addressed, feels futilie
   ... Issue seems common sense to me

   judy: Anything we can do to facilitate this?
   ... Seems we've a few issues today with "sand in the gears"

   steve: Editor has formally objected to reversions

   paulc: Both revert requests were reverted by chairs
   ... Ian' has formal object to that

   <MikeSmith> http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/html5/spec/Overview.html.diff?r1=1.5345;r2=1.5346;f=h

   <paulc> Formal objections: http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/formal-objection-status.html

   judy: So my suggestion is do the next step, with apologies that it's needed to be done

   steve ok

   <MikeSmith> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=10784

   mike: This is issue-32, where we have a decision

   janina, also not favored in the TF

   michael: We can't assume Gregory will be back in a time frame we can work with

   mike: Suggest removing a11ytf keyword

   janina, agree

   [no objection on call]

review other bugzilla a11y-tf bugs

Other Business

Identify Scribe for 06 October

   Steve Faulkner volunteers

   ah, that should have been 20 October!

Summary of Action Items

   [End of minutes]


Janina Sajka,	Phone:	+1.443.300.2200

Chair, Open Accessibility	janina@a11y.org	
Linux Foundation		http://a11y.org

Chair, Protocols & Formats
Web Accessibility Initiative	http://www.w3.org/wai/pf
World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
Received on Thursday, 13 October 2011 16:03:13 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 7 January 2015 15:05:24 UTC