RE: [media] issue-152: documents for further discussion

From: Bob Lund <B.Lund@CableLabs.com>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 17:00:32 -0600
To: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
CC: HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>, "Mark Vickers @ Comcast" <mark_vickers@cable.comcast.com>, Eric Winkelman <E.Winkelman@CableLabs.com>, David Agranoff <d.agranoff@CableLabs.com>
Hi Silvia,

No, these are two separate issues. Issue 1 addresses multiple file formats, i.e metadata tracks can come as ttml, vtt, etc. Issue 8 addresses the need to identify what kind of metadata is in a file of a specific format, e.g. does the vtt file contain a content advisory or an ad insertion message.

Bob