Re: [media] alt technologies for paused video (and using ARIA)

Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis, Sun, 15 May 2011 06:20:38 +0100:
> On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 4:05 AM, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:
>> I think you are right and text-only browsers do not display aria-label
>> text (though it could actually be a very interesting piece of
>> information to display, but that's just not how it currently works, so
>> let's not argue about that).
>
> Text browsers are free to conform to HTML5 and WAI-ARIA and display
> "aria-label".

Ah, in addition to the features of @alt that I just mentioned [1], @alt
does of course also incorporate the idea that one MUST use it. Whereas
@aria-label is optional.

In my thinking, VIDEO should be implemented in textual browsers a bit
like image maps: A short string - from @alt or eventually @aria-label -
represents the video. And by pressing the right arrow key, one gets a
list of available video and/or track sources.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2011May/0373
--
Leif H Silli