Re: Moving longdesc forward

From: Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 03 May 2011 14:42:30 +0200
To: "HTML Accessibility Task Force" <public-html-a11y@w3.org>, "Laura Carlson" <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>
On Tue, 03 May 2011 14:26:33 +0200, Laura Carlson
<laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com> wrote:

> Last weekend I worked on User Agent rendering longdesc spec text based
> on text Benjamin supplied. That draft is at:
> http://www.d.umn.edu/~lcarlson/research/ld-rendering.html
> Does anyone have suggestions to improve it? Ideas for improving
> verbiage, images, or the longdescs on the images themselves are all
> welcome. Chaals, the first example is based on tellmemore. Is it okay?

Looks good to me. I suggest you add references to the various ideas and
where they come from in reality (in part ot give credit, in part to point
out that this is genuinely available now and people should *try* it, in
part because most of those places have more pointers to more ideas...)

cheers