Re: [media] change proposals for issue-152

On Thu, 31 Mar 2011, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:

> > How do you propose that the user agent should render multiple video
> > tracks for a <video> element?
>
> My preferred option would be to render them into the video viewport next
> to each other (basically into inline css boxes inside the viewport box).
> But I am told, UAs render them simply over each other at the top left
> corner. In any case, there will be a default rendering IIUC.

Both those renderings seem rather unfortunate. It seems better to just
have the author have one way to control how multiple video tracks render,
namely CSS control over multiple <video> elements slaved together. That is
why the MediaController proposal makes video tracks mutually exclusive at
the element level.