Re: Two efforts to kill longdesc

From: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 20:08:00 +1000
To: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>
Cc: HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 6:20 PM, Laura Carlson
<laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Silvia,
>
>> What more can I say... thanks for the explanations of our activites! :-)
>> I am merely trying to make aria-describedby better. It's not attack on
>> anything else.
>
> Okay. Thanks.
>
> Do you now support the longdesc change proposal?
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/InstateLongdesc

I've made suggestions for improvement of this change proposal before.
Also, as stated before, I have issues with the way in which the text
is formulated that should go into the spec, because I think it could
do a lot more than just a long description. I've stated my opinion in
the questionnaire that we had a few weeks ago and I still stand to
them. I believe if browsers were to include the longdesc link in a
context menu on images, it would be very valuable. However, I'm not
fully behind the wording of the change proposal.

Regards,
Silvia.