Re: Two efforts to kill longdesc

From: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 05:40:42 -0500
To: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
Cc: HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
Hi Silvia,

>> Do you now support the longdesc change proposal?
>> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/InstateLongdesc
>
> I've made suggestions for improvement of this change proposal before.

Yes. I appreciate your contributions. I've tried my best to
incorporate your suggestions without compromising core CP values and
group consensus of the proposal.

>I believe if browsers were to include the longdesc link in a
> context menu on images, it would be very valuable.

That is second example in the rendering section [1]. That is not
enough? Are you suggesting that the other two examples should be
removed?

http://www.d.umn.edu/~lcarlson/research/ld-rendering2.html