HTML-ISSUE-31

From: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 12:25:52 -0600
To: Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>, Steve Faulkner <sfaulkner@paciellogroup.com>
Cc: HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Hi Janina, Steve, and all,

I noticed in today's meeting minutes [1] that it was asked if the
trending information from the January 2011 alt survey [2] maps closely
to any one of the alt change proposals [3] in particular.

The answer is yes. It maps to proposal number 2 [4]. Both the January
2011 alt survey results and April 2010 alt survey results [4] are in
accord with the previous Task Force recommendation [5] which was
presented to the HTML Working Group in May 2010. Proposal number 2 is
and always has been the task force recommendation.

The task force has done it's job. I recommend that the HTML working
group proceed with their poll based on the information I provided in
the Change Proposal Choices for Alt ISSUE 31 Wiki page [3].

I can live with proposal number 2. I can also live with the other
proposals that I have written. I can't live with Ian's.

I wrote the other proposals for other people. I won't be withdrawing
any of them.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2011Jan/0273.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/44061/201101-issue-31/results
[3] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/ImgElementSurveyConformaceChoices