Re: Survey ready on Media Multitrack API proposal

From: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 11:03:33 +1100
To: "Michael(tm) Smith" <mike@w3.org>, HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
Hi all,

I have gone through this email thread and created a summary on
issue that we discussed that need change before we are able to move
the spec at  http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/44061/multitrack-api/
upstream to the HTML WG:

+ Fix typo, METADATA_LOADED should be HAVE_METADATA.

+ remove the namedItem method.

+ Fix typo that says all attributes are ready-only (enabled is read-write).

+ Remove "media" attribute.

+ Add a "src" attribute so it is possible to identify where external
tracks come from. For internal tracks, use the same value as
currentSrc. Alternatively, the W3C Media Fragment spec for addressing
tracks (#track=..) could be used.

+ add a DOMString attribute @groupID to the MediaTrack to expose the trackgroup

+ add a note that the mapping from container format information to the
values of the @role API will need to be define, in particular for MPEG
and Ogg; this is outside the HTML WG's efforts - the spec only
provides a standard set of roles that container formats map to in
order to be compatible

Best Regards,
Silvia.