(unknown charset) need implementor feedback on allowing keyboard activation of drag-and-drop events

From: (unknown charset) Michael(tm) Smith <mike@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 10:20:30 +0900
To: (unknown charset) public-html-a11y@w3.org, Bruce Lawson <brucel@opera.com>, Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>, Philip J├Ągenstedt <philipj@opera.com>, Cynthia Shelly <cyns@microsoft.com>, Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, Eric Carlson <eric.carlson@apple.com>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, David Bolter <david.bolter@gmail.com>
Cc: (unknown charset) Gez Lemon <g.lemon@webprofession.com>
I need representatives from browser implementors in the group to
provide info about whether their browsers can make it possible for
drag-and-drop events to fired using a keyboard alone.

Three weeks ago, Gez wrote the following message to this list -

  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2010Jun/0133.html

He reminded us that the HTML5 spec defines a drag-and-drop
processing model -

  http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/dnd.html#drag-and-drop-processing-model

And he asked:

  The first thing we need is feedback from browser manufacturers
  to determine if these events can be fired using the keyboard
  alone resulting in an accessible workflow.

So we are still waiting for that feedback.

  --Mike

--
Michael(tm) Smith
http://people.w3.org/mike