W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-a11y@w3.org > January 2010

Re: minutes: HTML A11y Task Force call 2010-01-21 [draft]

From: Gregory J. Rosmaita <oedipus@hicom.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 02:27:57 +0000
To: public-html-a11y@w3.org
Message-Id: <20100122022548.M99220@hicom.net>
the following is what i scribed about CANVAS and imagemap after i lost 
my IRC connection, but before requesting a replacement scribe:

KEY: CMN = Chaals McCathieNevile, SF = Steven Faulkner, MS = Mike Smith

CMN: challanging stuff-- going to take time to explore and figure out; 
     not clear right now what we think; sub-DOM approach think makes 
     sense; at Opera in next few weeks will be implementing shadow-DOM 
     as IMAP -- simple approach if it works; not sure works yet; need 2 
     to 3 weeks to toss around internally

SF:  ability to put imagemap on CANVAS?

CMN: question is can you do with imagemap because existing code; simpler 
     than shadow-DOM

CMN: short answer if can do with imagemap, cheap in terms of what needs 
     to be done, teaching what needs to be done, etc.

SF:  created example of tranparent imagemap over CANVAS; will find and 
     post

MS:  maybe lachlan hunt or someone else directly involved in work can 
     join the CANVAS sub-group calls on mondays?

CMN: can't arrange logistics standing in the street in tokyo at 1:30AM
     local time; will follow up at a more normal hour

---------- Original Message -----------
From: "Gregory J. Rosmaita" <oedipus@hicom.net>
To: public-html-a11y@w3.org
Sent: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 02:24:40 +0000
Subject: minutes: HTML A11y Task Force call 2010-01-21 [draft]

> aloha!
> 
> minutes from the 21 January 2010 HTML Accessibility Task Force telecon
> are available as hypertext at:
> 
> http://www.w3.org/2010/01/21-html-a11y-minutes.html
> 
> as an IRC log at:
> 
> http://www.w3.org/2010/01/21-html-a11y-irc
> 
> and as plain text following my signature; thanks to Mike Smith 
> not only for chairing, but for picking up the scribing towards 
> the last portion of the meeting when i lost my IRC connection -- 
> as usual, comments, corrections, mis-attributions and the like 
> should be logged by replying-to this announcement on-list.
> 
> note that 1 new action item was logged at today's HTML A11y TF call:
> 
>    * ACTION-14: GJR - work with Canvas sub-group on tactile and 
>      braille media types/groups proposal for CSS WG [recorded in
>      http://www.w3.org/2010/01/21-html-a11y-
> minutes.html#action01]       * 
http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/actions/14
> 
> the next HTML Accessibility Task Force meeting will be held on 
> 28 January 2010 at 1600h UTC
> 
> thanks, gregory.
Received on Friday, 22 January 2010 02:28:28 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Friday, 27 April 2012 04:42:00 GMT