Re: missing attribute/crowdsourcing (was Re: Discussion: Text Alternative Survey)

From: Matt May <mattmay@adobe.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 08:47:13 -0700
To: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>
CC: HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>, David Singer <singer@apple.com>
I think what's on the wiki is as much detail as needs to be provided. I can't add anything to the discussion until someone explains why it was removed. If the answer is that authors are expected to provide @alt or an equivalent or else it's not valid, I guess that's one way to solve it, but I don't think that will be seen in a positive light by the broader WG. More than one person (including the editor) has complained that they can generate images for which they cannot also reliably generate @alt, and I expect that they will want that to be recognized as a common scenario.