Re: draft of summary change proposal

From: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 08:19:18 -0600
To: Cynthia Shelly <cyns@microsoft.com>
Cc: HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
Hi Cynthia,

Thanks for all of your hard work on this. Terrific start.

Just one substantive comment on the draft: I concur with Kelly's
suggestion [1] to change "must" to "should". For the majority of
sighted users, a summary text is not needed, but some people may want
to access the summary information so that shouldn't be prohibited.

Your doc [2] should work for the details section of a Change Proposal well.

To fit the Change Proposal Template format [3], which Maciej recently
approved [4], we will need to write Summary, Rationale, and Impact
information for this proposal. Most of that can be collected from the
main "Mechanism to Summarize a Table" Wiki page [5] which Gregory
initially set up and Josh and I expanded over the past two and a half
years for numerous Tracker actions.

A few spelling errors:

colums
has cna have
strucutred
talbe
explaination

Thanks again for all your work, Cynthia. It is very much appreciated.

Best regards,
Laura

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2009Nov/0049.html
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2009Nov/att-0047/table.html