From: James Craig <jcraig@apple.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 09:36:19 -0800
To: public-canvas-api@w3.org
Subject: canvas accessibility: faked "shadow DOM" proof of concept

Last week at TPAC, I put together a faked "shadow DOM" proof of concept for
the PFWG face-to-face meeting. I got a chance to work out the remaining
bugs this morning, and promised Rich and Frank I'd send it to the list. The
zip includes the demo as well as a copy of the Prototype JavaScript library
that I used for event abstraction.

The demo was tested and works on Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, with Safari
and a WebKit nightly. The WebKit nightly will provide a slightly better
experience due to recent implementation of the WAI-ARIA presentation role.
Keyboard access works in Firefox (tested v3.5.5), but Firefox doesn't yet
have AX API support, so I had no way to test the accessibility. That said,
I expect it will work as intended in Firefox on Windows.

Please view the comments in the HTML, CSS, and JavaScript for specifics on
how it works now and is intended to work.

Thoughts?
James Craig

----- End forwarded message -----

--