Re: question, mailing list, for disucssing HPC and web applications

Sai,
It sounds like you are the right kind of person to join the HPCweb
community group, and I would encourage you to submit questions to the
list as well as to join up. You don't need to be employed by a W3C
member organization to join us, and we aim to be broad-ranging in our
membership. The group formed with the initial goal of sharing just this
sort of information among its members. Several of us are involved in
bioinformatics projects at the moment, including the iPlant
Collaborative Portal, the DOE Systems Biology Knowledgebase (KBase), and
bioscience gateways at individual computing centers. We are also
interested in developing standards for web APIs, which we believe will
be of benefit to developers in all domains that take advantage of HPC
and the web. I'm curious what sorts of projects you're working on, for
what types of users, and what challenges you're finding.
Looking forward to hearing from you,
-Annette