Re: [font-metrics-api] Zooming out on font metrics

From: Simon Fraser <smfr@me.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 22:43:38 +0200
Cc: "public-houdini@w3.org" <public-houdini@w3.org>, John Daggett <jdaggett@mozilla.com>
To: Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com>
> Does this classification make sense? Does anyone have additional use cases and/or requirements for any of these categories?

I would like to see some consideration of a font metrics API that would be useful for someone doing text rendering into canvas. From what I can gather, the current API is mostly about CSS-rendered text, but we certainly know of web content that would benefit from having more information about font data, font features, and geometry data.

Simon