Re: HTML5 profile dropped?

Sorry for the delay in responding...

On Thu, 2008-05-22 at 04:28 +0000, Booth, David (HP Software - Boston)
wrote:
> Dan,
>
> I see that the HTML5 working group has asked the TAG to review their draft:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2008May/0080.html
>
> I did not find the word "profile" in the draft in any context that would apply to GRDDL.
>   Did the HTML5 working group drop "profile"?

The WG design decision process still isn't really booted up,

[whatwg] HTML4's profile="" attribute's absence in HTML5
Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Tue May 6 17:35:50 PDT 2008
http://lists.whatwg.org/pipermail/whatwg-whatwg.org/2008-May/014692.html

When prompted, he elaborated:

"In practice it isn't at all clear that GRDDL is in any way relevant in
the
real world (much like almost anything related to RDF), and so it isn't
really an important concern for the development of the HTML language."
 -- http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2008May/0102.html

He didn't explicitly acknowledge our arguments for keeping
head/@profile...

let's keep metadata profiles (head/@profile) in HTML for use in GRDDL etc.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2007Jul/0571.html

I'm not sure whether to assume that he considered those arguments
or prompt him to be more explicit.

>   If so, is there another way that an HTML5 document can associate a GRDDL transformation?

No.

gpg D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E