suggested response to "Ambiguity in an XML document's intended GRDDL results"

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 12:22:42 -0500
To: public-grddl-wg <public-grddl-wg@w3.org>

I suggest the following response to
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-comments/2007AprJun/0078.html

--8<--
Thanks for the careful review and comments/suggestions.

The Working Group has discussed ambiguity in reading XML documents,
and come to a conclusion that we should not completely
address it in a GRDDL standard at this time:

RESOLUTION: whereas TAG issue xmlFunctions-34 is still open and the
XProc WG is still working on its "default processing" task, noting tests
#xinclude and #noxinclude and the health-warning about default
attributes, XInclude etc. in section 6 GRDDL Transformations, to
postpone issue #faithful-infoset
 -- minutes 6 June 2007

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-wg/2007Jun/att-0046/SV_MEETING_TITLE_--_6_Jun_2007.htm#item04
<- http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/issues#issue-faithful-infoset

We look forward to further work in this area by the XProc Working
Group, the TAG and other parts of the community.

We hope you find this response satisfactory. Please let us
know whether you do.

--8<--