HTTP Profile draft not stable in the coming weeks/months (#issue-http-header-links)

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 18:01:05 -0600
To: GRDDL Working Group <public-grddl-wg@w3.org>

I got some not-so-good news from Mark Nottingham re
the Profile header draft. The 6-8 week
timeframe I had in mind is not likely.

I thought the draft was stable and just waiting some
trigger to go to IETF last call, but it turns out
there's non-trivial discussion of the relationship
between links in Atom and links in HTML, and whether
a link type registry should be created.

So with some regret,
(a) I suggest we re-open the issue
(b) I suggest I should take out the HTTP links section of the spec
  (after the last-call review freeze is over)
(b) I propose to postpone the issue, since a URI-based linking feature
  in HTTP such as the Profile header field is not yet stable/ratified/standardized