Re: Draft spec text for HTTP Headers

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 11:32:48 -0600
To: Ian Davis <Ian.Davis@talis.com>
Cc: public-grddl-wg@w3.org

On Tue, 2007-02-06 at 09:45 +0000, Ian Davis wrote:
> Using GRDDL With HTTP Headers
> To accommodate XML dialects that do not have the necessary extension
> mechanisms in either their schemas or instances we can use HTTP headers
> to specify the necessary profile and transformation.
> To associate an instance document with a GRDDL transformation include a
> Link and a Profile header in the HTTP message. The Link header contains
> the URI of the transformation and a "rel" parameter having a value of
> "transformation". The Profile header contains the URI of the GRDDL
> profile http://www.w3.org/2003/g/data-view

Ah... profile header... that addresses a follow-your-nose concern
I had while brushing my teeth this morning. Did you make up
the profile header? Ah.. no...  it's in mnot's June 16, 2006 draft.

but it's not yet registered. We'd probably have to wait in
CR until it's registered. That seems OK to me, I think.

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E