RE: Comments on GRDDL (using 3rd-party XML schemas with GRDDL) [OK?]

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 08:57:01 -0500
To: ogbujic@ccf.org
Cc: GRDDL Working Group <public-grddl-wg@w3.org>

On Wed, 2007-08-01 at 09:26 -0400, Chimezie Ogbuji wrote:
> I'm replying here since, the changes suggested need to be processed by
> the WG.

Quite.

[...]
> I don't follow how the additional provision about schemas identified via
> out-of-band mechanism adds anything to what we have.  Why add
> non-normative text about non-normative capabilities that have nothing to
> do with a GRDDL-aware agent in a specification for GRDDL?

Because that's what the customer asked for. The Schema/Query WG
bothered to read our spec, and this seems to be the result.

I share your reservations, and I might have preferred that
Harry consulting the WG or at least the editor before offering
text, but now that he did, and now that the customer has said
they're happy, I suppose I can live with it.

The alternative is to re-open negotiations with the Query WG. They
seem to be pretty responsive lately, but there's no telling how
long that could take.