Firefox microsummaries and GRDDL

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 09:46:27 +0200
To: public-grddl-wg@w3.org

I came across the concept of "microsummaries" the other day, a system
being implemented in Firefox that looks close enough to GRDDL to be
worth a mention here:
        Microsummaries are regularly-updated succinct summaries of web
        pages. They are compact enough to fit in the space available to
        a bookmark label, provide more useful information about pages
        than static page titles, and are regularly updated as new
        information becomes available.
        Microsummaries can either be provided by the page being
        summarized or generated by processing an XSLT stylesheet against
        the page.
        Sites should be able to specify microsummaries by embedding
        metadata referencing microsummary generators into pages. For
        example, a site might embed the following <link> element into an
        HTML page:
    <link rel="microsummary" type="application/x.microsummary+xml" href="/index-microsummary.xml">

I don't know if there is any opportunity to collaborate with the Firefox
guys to get them to use some form of GRDDL rather then a new rel/type
magic pair; but if there was, this would be a nice path towards adoption
of GRDDL in a end-user browser...