Re: Namespace document issues

On 9/6/06, Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-09-06 at 10:50 +0200, Danny Ayers wrote:
> [...]
> > There's also  a potential conflict situation. I suspect we need a rule
> > that says that if a transformation has been explicitly stated in the
> > instance document, it SHOULD be applied, and that the transformation
> > provided in the namespace doc SHOULD not (unless that too is referred
> > to explicitly in the instance doc).
>
> Umm... why not? I don't see a conflict. If there are multiple
> applicable transformations, there are multiple applicable
> transformations.

There are transformations that may be applicable in certain contexts,
but not in all contexts, the publisher may want one and not another.

A specific case is A) Atom/AtomOWL and B) Atom/RSS 1.0 -  if you want
to be able to roundtrip in an RDF system, A) should work, B) might not
(thanks to multiple values for a given property on an item).

Another scenario might be where the potential GRDDL Results Graph for
a given GRDDL Source Document is OWL Full according to one
transformation, OWL DL according to another.

What I had in mind with the "SHOULD"s above was for the namespace doc
to provide a default transformation, that could be overridden/switched
off if the publisher preferred.

Cheers,
Danny.

--