W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-grddl-wg@w3.org > October 2006

Minutes for Oct 4th GRDDL Meeting

From: Harry Halpin <hhalpin@ibiblio.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 18:54:42 +0100
Message-ID: <452D2FE2.5010601@ibiblio.org>
To: public-grddl-wg <public-grddl-wg@w3.org>

Ah, here they are:

http://www.w3.org/2006/10/04-grddl-wg-minutes

4 Oct 2006

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2006/10/04-grddl-wg-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Murray_Maloney, FabienGandon, HarryH, [IPcaller]

   Regrets
          Ben, Ian

   Chair
          HarryH

   Scribe
          danja

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Convene GRDDL WG meeting of 2006-09-27T11:00-0400
         2. [5]publication schedule
         3. [6]Discussion of Primer Document
         4. [7]Review of Use Cases document, reviewing actions from
            last meeting
         5. [8]GRDDL Spec:
     * [9]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________


   I keep getting "staff code is not valid"

   47335#

   harry: approve minutes as true record?
   ... will send mail re scribe

Convene GRDDL WG meeting of 2006-09-27T11:00-0400

   harry: schedule still aiming for spec oct 24th

publication schedule

   harry: Ben unable to make meeting time, main proponent of
   non-rdf/xml for grddl
   ... ok to leave for now?

   consensus

   harry: murray, happy with intros?

   murray: they're not ready yet, new suggestion sent to list
   ... wants common treatment to all 3 docs
   ... front end/back end
   ... cross-set introduction

   harry: opinions?

   danny, fabien - ok either way

   harry: onto primer

   <FabienGandon> ACTION: Murray to work on the cross-introduction.
   [recorded in
   [10]http://www.w3.org/2006/10/04-grddl-wg-minutes.html#action01]

     [10] http://www.w3.org/2006/10/04-grddl-wg-minutes.html#action01

   <FabienGandon> close this agendum

   harry: everyone happy - 2 issues

   <FabienGandon> close this agendum

Discussion of Primer Document

   harry: self & chime unhappy with identity consolodation (?)

   brian: has sent mail to group

   harry: willing to take action

   <FabienGandon> ACTION: Brian and Harry to produce additional running
   code for the second part of the primer. [recorded in
   [11]http://www.w3.org/2006/10/04-grddl-wg-minutes.html#action02]

     [11] http://www.w3.org/2006/10/04-grddl-wg-minutes.html#action02

   (this was for foaf + xfn)

   <FabienGandon> close this agendum

   harry: move to Use Case doc

   <briansuda> my action is in reference to
   [12]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-wg/2006Sep/0187
   .html

     [12] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-wg/2006Sep/0187.html

   fabian: actions done

Review of Use Cases document, reviewing actions from last meeting

   harry: everyone happy with udoc?

GRDDL Spec:

   harry: other issues?
   ... anyone want to take testing test harness

   <FabienGandon> ACTION: Danny to take testing test harness. [recorded
   in [13]http://www.w3.org/2006/10/04-grddl-wg-minutes.html#action03]

     [13] http://www.w3.org/2006/10/04-grddl-wg-minutes.html#action03

   sorry, lost thread...

   harry: order of processing problems

   <FabienGandon> ACTION: Harry to explain the problem of order
   processing. [recorded in
   [14]http://www.w3.org/2006/10/04-grddl-wg-minutes.html#action04]

     [14] http://www.w3.org/2006/10/04-grddl-wg-minutes.html#action04

   harry: xinclude, xslt etc

   murray: if you want to do more that grddl, point to a pipeline

   harry: thoughts?

   danny: like to see a test case

   murray: grddl processor could maker policy statement on what it does
   ... but spec doesn't need to cover

   harry: agrees
   ... many remaining may be solvable with that approach
   ... other issues?

   murray: concerned with how grddl connects with a namespace (ref.
   mail on list)
   ... everyone should read spec THIS WEEK bring up other issues prior
   to next telecon

   s/murry/harry

   brian: (indistinct) - content negotiation issue, server vs client
   side, different languages

   harry: please send email, maybe need note inb spec

   <FabienGandon> close this agendum

   harry: adjourn

   <FabienGandon> close this agendum

   <FabienGandon> ScribeNick: danja

   <FabienGandon> Scribe: danja

   thanks for scribe support fabien!

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Brian and Harry to produce additional running code for
   the second part of the primer. [recorded in
   [15]http://www.w3.org/2006/10/04-grddl-wg-minutes.html#action02]
   [NEW] ACTION: Danny to take testing test harness. [recorded in
   [16]http://www.w3.org/2006/10/04-grddl-wg-minutes.html#action03]
   [NEW] ACTION: Harry to explain the problem of order processing.
   [recorded in
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2006/10/04-grddl-wg-minutes.html#action04]
   [NEW] ACTION: Murray to work on the cross-introduction. [recorded in
   [18]http://www.w3.org/2006/10/04-grddl-wg-minutes.html#action01]

     [15] http://www.w3.org/2006/10/04-grddl-wg-minutes.html#action02
     [16] http://www.w3.org/2006/10/04-grddl-wg-minutes.html#action03
     [17] http://www.w3.org/2006/10/04-grddl-wg-minutes.html#action04
     [18] http://www.w3.org/2006/10/04-grddl-wg-minutes.html#action01

   [End of minutes]


-- 
		-harry

Harry Halpin,  University of Edinburgh 
http://www.ibiblio.org/hhalpin 6B522426
Received on Wednesday, 11 October 2006 22:55:00 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:11:46 GMT