use case: semantic wikis [was: Introduction: Fabien Gandon]

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 09:45:43 -0500
To: Fabien Gandon <Fabien.Gandon@sophia.inria.fr>
Cc: public-grddl-wg@w3.org

On Wed, 2006-07-26 at 10:27 +0200, Fabien Gandon wrote:
[...]
>  b, we are experimenting with semantic web based wikis [1] and in this
> context wiki pages contain RDFa that structures the whole wiki.

I'm very interested in this use case. I first wrote about it,
or something similar, in March...

 Toward Semantic Web data from Wikipedia
 Submitted by connolly on Tue, 2006-03-07
 http://dig.csail.mit.edu/breadcrumbs/node/91

I've done a few scraping hacks; the most recent one is:

 Choosing flight itineraries using tabulator and data from Wikipedia
 Submitted by connolly on Mon, 2006-07-17
 http://dig.csail.mit.edu/breadcrumbs/node/151

But of course, I'd like the original publisher to authorize
the extraction.

I think GRDDL could be a pretty cost-effective mechanism, but I'm
also keeping an eye on stuff like semantic media wiki...
  http://wiki.ontoworld.org/index.php/Main_Page

>  The
> project is called SweetWiki. We have an online prototype [2] and we
> released the XSLT1 stylesheet we use to extract all the RDFa from an
> XHTML page [1]; an important point for us was to make it work
> independently of the RDFS schemas used in the RDFa.

Wow!

delicious even... I added that one to
http://del.icio.us/connolly/grddl

Oh... I see you had already added it to
  http://del.icio.us/tag/grddl

Nifty.

I hope to read the article[1] in more detail. At a glance, it
looks like just the sort of how-to material that we're chartered
to do.
 "tutorial materials and use cases sufficient to bootstrap adoption of
GRDDL"
  -- http://www.w3.org/2006/07/grddl-charter.html

> Cheers,
>
> Fabien
>
> [1] http://www-sop.inria.fr/acacia/soft/sweetwiki.html
> [2] http://miageprojet.unice.fr:8080/wiki

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E