RE: Xinclude test case

From: Chimezie Ogbuji <ogbujic@bio.ri.ccf.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 18:44:30 -0500 (EST)
To: public-grddl-wg <public-grddl-wg@w3.org>

On Wed, 13 Dec 2006, Ian Davis wrote:

> There is an unbounded set of operations that could be applied to the
> source document before any GRDDL transformation which complicates
> matters as things stand. Xinclude is one operation, but DTD validation
> is another. Do we expect every GRDDL processor to validate the source
> document before application of the transform?

I think the argument for XInclude resolution holds for any other set of
XML operations: the author cannot guarantee which subset of these
operations happen and in what order without an explicit pipleine and it
would be in his/her best interest to use a pipleline in order to guarantee
a 'faithful rendition' in such a scenario (which is very much dependent on
the final XML infoset that the GRDDL transformation starts with).

Chimezie Ogbuji
Lead Systems Analyst
Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery
Cleveland Clinic Foundation