Re: Review of testlist1#rdfa1

On Dec 16, 2006, at 1:19 PM, Ben Adida wrote:
> [...]
> Murray,
>
> Yes, I agree that that is the appropriate output. But I have to point
> out that this WG ruled out of scope the "hGRDDL transformation"
> proposal
> I made at the very beginning.

I think that's overstating the situation a bit. I don't think this WG
made any decisions about hGRDDL. (All our decisions are
in our meeting minutes; if I'm forgetting one, a pointer will
refute my claim conclusively.)

> Here's what I wanted to see:
>
> 1) an RDFa-aware browser sees the profile and locates the corresponding
> HTML->HTML+RDFa transformation, GRDDL style.
>
> 2) the transformation is performed inline on the DOM of the page,
> yielding proper HTML+RDFa with appropriately updated RELs and CLASSes
> that were specified by the profile transformations. This transformed
> HTML can be rendered normally.
>
> 3) the updated, rendered page can be parsed using the normal RDFa,
> yielding RDF attached to their corresponding DOM nodes.
>
> This also enables microformats to be transformed to RDFa, which is
> fantastic for all involved.
>
> The big issue to resolve is (1). How do I request the appropriate
> HTML->HTML+RDFa transformation?

Just use the normal GRDDL markup, just like the Atom/turtle test
case and our decision on issue-output-formats shows.
An RDFa document is a serialization of an RDF graph just like a
turtle document is, no?

>  Is there some content negotiation, or
> some other clever trick, to determine which transformation I want to
> use? How do I handle the case of multiple profiles? One after the
> other?
> In which order?

Is that stuff really not specified to your satisfaction?