RE: The Steven King Example becomes the Jimmy Hendricks/MusicBrainz example

From: Chimezie Ogbuji <ogbujic@bio.ri.ccf.org>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 21:45:55 -0500 (EST)
To: public-grddl-wg <public-grddl-wg@w3.org>

On Tue, 5 Dec 2006, Dan Connolly wrote:
> I'm struggling to figure out a natural place to put that
> URI in the input document of the corresponding test.
> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/titleauthor.html

Perhaps this is a nitpick, but it seems
preferable (to me) to use a BNode to refer to the concept of the song - with a link
identifying a web page (READ: *Location*) that the song is the primary
topic of - than to hardcode a Uniform Resource *Identifier* with a mechanism  (the link
element) which is primary used for Uniform Resource *Locators*.

However, if we insist on using a <link> to refer to the identifier then
an alternative (used often in atom feeds) worth noting is an empty
relative reference with a link[@rel= 'self'] element and an explicit xml:base for the source document:

       xmlns:grddl='http://www.w3.org/2003/g/data-view#'
       grddl:transformation="glean_title.xsl http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/getAuthor.xsl"
       xml:base = 'http://musicbrainz.org/mm-2.1/album/6b050dcf-7ab1-456d-9e1b-c3c41c18eed2'>

   <head>
     <title>Are You Experienced?</title>
     <link rel="self" href="" />
   </head>

> MusicBrains keeps the same information in HTML and RDF,
> but they don't use content negotiation on the same URI;
> they use totally distinct URIs. And they don't seem
> to make any links between the HTML and RDF versions.

Semantic Media Wiki does the same thing actually: two URI's - one for the
'concept' the other for the article.  However, there is no link in the
article to the concept identifier.  There is a link to an RDF export
(which includes the URI), however.

-- Chimezie