Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 20:23:15 -0400
From: Liam Quin <liam@w3.org>
To: Harry Halpin <hhalpin@ibiblio.org>
Subject: Re: GRDDL quesion

GRDDL's not really a triplet.. it's

1. the HTML document in which the GRDDL appears
2. a pointer to a transformation, e.g. in XSLT
3. the internet media type of that transformation (e.g. XQuery, XSLT)
4. the result of the document (RDF)
5. and what is described by that result (this could be implicit)

Let's ignore (5) for now.

Since GRDDL rams everything into a triplet, how do I say that I'd
rather use XQuery than XSLT (say) if both are available?
And what if I fetch the resource and it's not XSLT at all, but
XQuery?  In other words, (3) is implicit in the relation name,
but we shouldn't be dictating the media type of a resource in
the source, we don't say
as that would prevent the server from deciding based on content
negotiation, would prevent upgrades to XHTML, etc.

Of course, if the transformation is done on the server (as I
think it should be) then one could even link to a static RDF file.

Liam

http://www.holoweb.net/~liam/ * http://www.fromoldbooks.org/