Re: Agenda of upcoming Aug. 16 15:00Z GRDDL WG Telecon

This e-mail might be useful to future scribes as well, and I do hope we
can rotate scribe duties such that everyone in the group can try their
hand at it.

The process is described here [3], and likely the chair will invite the
robots in myself if the chair gets to the meeting channel before you.

http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/addr/minutes.html

Don't worry about keeping the speaker queue and managing the agenda, the
chair does that with Zakim. However, there is documentation on Zakim
that's fun to read [2] .

Another bot, RRSAgent, that automatically drafts and formats the minutes
from the IRC logs. The URI describing RRS Agent [1] is well worth
looking at!

In a nutshell, the main task of the scribe is just to write out what
people are saying in the telecon on the IRC channel, since often whoever
is speaking is too busy to type their points up as they speak :) Preface
what they are saying with their nick, so if DanC says "blah blah" on the
phone and it's rather important, in the IRC channel type:
---
DanC: Blah Blah (or some summary thereof)
---
And if we come to some sort of action, write:
ACTION: DanC to do something
----
And finally if we resolve something, type:
RESOLUTION: blah blah
----

As for the log:

 "The log will appear in http://www.w3.org/yyyy/mm/dd-<channel>-irc
where 'yyyy' is the current year,'mm' is the current month, and 'dd' is
the current day. Three variants of the log are written; .html contains
XHTML, .rdf contains RDF, and .txt contains plain text."[2] I don't
believe this is publically accessible, but either myself or Dan can
download it for you from CVS and e-mail it you.

 Generally you can use scribe.pl (linked to from [1]) to reformat the
minutes. using scribe.pl, linked to from [3].

Then your job would be  to make any corrections to the minutes
(generally erasing irrelevant material, and doing so fairly promptly in
about 24 hours) and e-mail the draft minutes URI to the list-serv  for
review. If there's any corrections, make them before the next meeting
before we approve the minutes.

        hope this helps,
             harry

[1] http://www.w3.org/2002/03/RRSAgent