Re: GRDDL and HTML5

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 22:04:26 +0200
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
CC: Harry Halpin <hhalpin@ibiblio.org>, Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>, Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>, "Booth, David (HP Software - Boston)" <dbooth@hp.com>, "public-grddl-comments@w3.org" <public-grddl-comments@w3.org>

So is head/@profile.

> from an HTML5 perspective it's fine. The profile="" attribute is worse
> because it encourages other people to make the same design mistake, and it

Which design mistake?

> misleads people into thinking that they have to declare their
> vocabularies, and it misleads people into thinking that other people will
> declare their vocabularies.

I think it's a good design to declare a vocabulary.

>> Yes, that would be true, but you'd have to explicitly add it to your
>> list of GRDDL transformations. Which is also work.
>
> It's work you will have to do anyway, since not all microChemistry users
> will label their documents as using microChemistry.

How do you know that?

> It's also only work for the GRDDL users who care about microChemistry,
> which is likely less than the number of microChemistry users.
>

>> So, for agents when encountering a profile that has a transformation
>> that is not locally cached, they could "dynamically" run the GRDDL
>> tranformation by going to the profile page.
>
> Only if the profile page declares the GRDDL transformation, which is
> unlikely in practice.

Why is that unlikely?

Lots of assumptions...

BR, Julian